GONDBA Meeting Minutes
Today's meeting was held at Amber Rose Restaurant and was very well attended.
· Barry Hall, president, opened the meeting and led introductions. He mentioned that there is a plan in the works for an Old North Dayton days. See Ann Siefer from the Old North Dayton Neighborhood Association for further details and input.
· Connie Nisonger from NE Priority Board mentioned that a cleanup for Old North Dayton is scheduled for May 17 at Stuart Patterson. Volunteers from Children’s surgery department will be helping with the project. 2 dumpsters will be available.
· MONCO will be offering a free shredding event at their West Carrollton location on May 3rd.
Chris Pawelski from the
Dayton Police Dept reminded the group that the Miami Valley Community
Problem Oriented Policing (MVCPOP) Conference will be held on May 17th to
be held at the Kroc Center.
· Mike Heitz, president of Garrett Day LLC updated to the group on the company’s recent projects, including demolition of the hotel behind the Royal and the impending demolition of the house next to Amber Rose.
· Officer Grieshop reported that property crimes are down 36% and overall crime is down 12% last month and 7% for the year.
Featured Speakers: Keith Steeber, Chief Engineer City of Dayton and Andy Badinghaus from CityWide Development
Keith and Andy presented details of the DaVinci Transportation Strategy and projects that are underway, planned and/or under development. The Executive Summary distributed to those in attendance provided details focusing on key corridors and streets. Below are a few of the details presented:
· Keowee Street: A complete rebuild will be underway by 2016. The rebuild may include buried power lines, new trees and sidewalk redevelopment as well as a bike path from the Kroc Center to Island Metro Park. The bridge over the Great Miami is also slated to be replaced.
· Stanley Avenue: The intersection of Stanley and Webster will be redesigned to add turn lanes and widen the turn radius for the curb lanes. This project is slated to be done in 2018, but may be pushed up to 2016.
· Valley Street: Some gateway features at Stanley and Valley are in the planning stages. A bike lane will be added in 2015; other plans for bike lanes are included on Rita and Stanley.
· Troy Street: The bridge work on Rt 4 is expected to be completed this Fall. Possible future improvements include repaving, replacing sidewalks and adding decorative and landscape elements.
· Webster Street: The bridge over the Mad River will be replaced in 2016. The mixed use of industry and residential makes changes to this corridor challenging.
· North Bend Boulevard: Because this road runs along the Great Miami, it could be used to connect Island Metro Park and Deeds Park and serve as an access road for Kettering Fields. Options exist for additional lighting and redesign of the entrance to Kettering Fields.
· Because many of these projects will impact local businesses and residents, it is important for us to stay informed on the process and give input as needed.
Barry closed the meeting, thanking everyone for their input. Our next meeting will be held on May 28th. Watch your email for the location.Thanks for keeping our businesses strong! See you next month.
Archive of Meeting Minutes
webmaster : email@example.com