Today's meeting was held at the Kroc Center, attended over 50 local business owners, managers, law enforcement and community leaders.
· Barry Hall, president, opened the meeting, updating the group on the Community Awareness Program. The Mills family continues to be a problem, despite repeated incarcerations.
GONDBA supported the Ronald McDonald House Radiothon by donating $400 in addition to individual donations from local businesses.
Tuesday, October 28th is Trunk or Treat at Kiser School. Contact Teresa Wendell at Kiser if you are interested in participating.
· Officer Grieshop reported that overall crime is down for the year. Burglaries are down as well, 51 this year and 81 last year. There have been some recent reports of kids vandalizing cars between Troy and Maryland.
· Andy Badinghaus from CityWide Development Corporation discussed the upcoming plans for the redesign of the intersection of Valley and Keowee streets. There was a recent bus tour of the area of criminal justice students. The Old North Dayton area has experienced a large decrease in crime and increase in residential investment.
· Ann Seifer mentioned that there will be a tour of the area on November 15th by the Dayton Board of Realtors.
Mike Turner was expected to speak to the group, but had a scheduling conflict.
Several other candidates for office who were present for the meeting spoke to the group.
· Judge Dennis Adkins, running for reelection to Montgomery County Common Pleas Court. Judge Adkins spoke of his Veteran’s Treatment Court, initiated last year. This is a specialty court which deals with issues of veterans who have come into contact with the criminal justice system.
· Mike Nolan, running for Montgomery County Commissioner, spoke of his background as Chief Deputy in the Montgomery County Sherriff’s office and business owner in Miamisburg. His focus is driving business back into Dayton.
· Adil Baguirov, a member of the Dayton City Schools Board of Education also spoke to the group. While he is not currently running for office, he updated the group on school reforms and the impact of Common Core, coming next year to Dayton City Schools.
Barry closed the meeting, thanking everyone for their participation.Thanks for keeping our businesses strong! See you next month.
Archive of Meeting Minutes
webmaster : email@example.com